Sunday 22 February 2009

053:365 Through the Glass

Today is a shot that i have taken to use for a college project.

As part of our portraiture block we have to do a number of portaits (including high key, low key, school portrait, group and corporate portraits). This one is one where we were asked to produce a portrait of a family member of group and as such i have used my daughter Caron as the model.

I really didn't want to do a typical high or low key style portrait for this and found a picture of this style in a book about photographing children.

It's a bit of a strange one and is shot with a wide aperture and a long focal length through glass (which is the light reflection).

I deliberately used our back door with me in the garden and Caron in the house as the light was best there and the window is a bit dirty at the moment due to the dog jumping at it :)

I really like this and think it has a bundle of emotion and grit in it and really makes people think.

2 comments:

  1. Something about this gives a slightly eerie quality but it's a lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The removed post was because I accidentally duplicated the first post....... Sorry!

    ReplyDelete